Pistol Rifle range to be closed September 16th at 6:00pm (for our Youth Group)
The rifle/pistol range is open Monday through Saturday 8 am to SUNSET, and Sunday 10 am to Sunset. These hours change slightly according to the time of year and daylight savings time, but if it is too dark for you to see your sights, the range is probably closed.
Range rules and etiquette reminders: We work hard to keep the range clean and safe and to maintain convenient target frames and backstops for everyone to enjoy. Here some things you can do to help:
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the range.
- Tape or staple your targets only to the center parts of the wooden backstops, not to the edges (uprights) that support the backstops. Shooting holes in the uprights requires them to be replaced too frequently.
- Shotguns may be used at the rife/pistol range only with slugs, not with birdshot or buckshot of any size. If you don’t know the difference between slugs and birdshot, read the box or ask someone. If you want to pattern your shotgun with birdshot there is a special target across the road just to the North of the Clubhouse and it has a large roll of brown paper already installed on it for this purpose. The roll is removed in the winter time due to snow and wind damaging the roll. It will be brought out once the weather permits.
- Tannerite or other exploding/incendiary target substances are not allowed on the range.
- Armor piercing bullets are not allowed since these projectiles punch holes in our expensive steel targets and ruin them.
- “Range is COLD” definition: Whenever someone is down range (i.e., anyplace in front of the shooting benches) the range is “cold”. This means that EVERYONE should step back from their shooting station until no person is downrange. This is NOT the time to be fiddling with your firearm, ammunition, making scope adjustments, loading or unloading your gun, doing dryfire practice or anything else.
- Be respectful of your fellow shooters, follow basic firearm safety rules, and we all go home at the end of the day healthy and happy.